2015 and A New Look

January 08, 2015

We're already a week into 2015, how crazily fast has the time fly by? I hope it's not too late to wish everyone a happy new year though *pops confetti*. Now, now, I won't be sharing my new year resolutions here (maybe not just yet) but haayy, I've made a new layout for my blog! *pops even more confetti* 

When I announced my blog clean-up before, I thought about giving my blog just a simple, fresh new look. I remember saying to myself: "Hmm I'll just tweak a few bits here and there, recode some simple stuff and voila, a new look!". But boy, it was anything but that. You see, my past layouts were always built (customized) from the old Blogger Minima template as it was the one I am most familiar and comfortable working with. But it seemed that I won't have the access to the layout editor in my dashboard if I revert my template back to classic (!). And trying to arrange the widgets and page elements manually (!!) would just burst my brain out.

So I looked at my closest option: the Blogger Simple template. Coding everything was harder than expected because a. I have seemed to forget all my coding knowledge, b. A few codes/tutorials are outdated/weren't working because I dunno why and c. Reading lines and lines of codes made me dizzy. Despite everything, I somehow managed to put together a new layout *cries*. It is far from perfect and there are tons of things that I'll re-do (the hideous header, and the allover-the-place navigation bar, just to name a few) but regardless, I'm happy with the way it looks.

I updated the blog content too. I got rid of the Mixtape Saturday series, deleted a handful of posts and I finally have an about page. There is still so much left for me to do but for now, I need to sleep.

x Kiwa

2 comments :

  1. Happy New Year! The new design looks great! it's amazing how much time and energy even for the simple and effortless look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think it's because I'm still learning so even the simplest thing could be so difficult for me hehe :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...