Mixtape Saturday #28

October 12, 2013


Everyone loves me for my past, but they always hate me in the present.
Why can't you just meet me somewhere in the middle?

***
So I'm gonna rant a little.
Finally. Finally ADTR releases their new album, Common Courtesy. At first I thought they were gonna release it last year, when they did that countdown. It turned out it was for the release of their single Violence (Enough is Enough) instead. I was a bit disappointed but listening to Violence made me more excited to wait for the full album. Didn't know it'd take me almost 10 months of waiting though.

Now, now, I claim myself to be a big fan of ADTR but I'm not really the kind that keeps myself up-to-date with the band's latest news. In fact, I don't do that with my other favourite bands too. I'm the type that don't bother much about the artists but more on their songs. I'm sorry. With that said, I didn't know that ADTR had some issues with their label, hence delaying the progress of their album. My bad. *slowly rips off 'I AM ADTR'S BIGGEST FAN' sticker from my forehead*
But alas, they won the rights to self-publish their album and here we have this gem, finally. Words can't even describe how I felt when I first heard all the songs. My emotions were overloading. I can't say this is their best album to date since I love all of them equally but heck, this is one hell of an album. I love how Common Courtesy reminded me of For Those Who Have Heart, the first ADTR album I listened to back in high school. Jeremy's voice has grown a lot, I have to add.

I knew for this week's Mixtape Saturday I have to post one of the songs in this album, but choosing one is near impossible since all of the songs has its own charm. I Remember, the last track of this album fits perfectly. I love how Jeremy reminisces the old memories of sleeping in a van, playing in an empty room and all. It felt personal and we as fans feel so much closer to the band. Oh how much has this band grow.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...